Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sweets for the Sweet

With my sister is in town I decided to try out a couple new bakeries in the city.  First we tried the Donut Plant on the Lower East Side.  The creme brulee donut was one of the best things I've ever tasted it and my sister seemed to like it even more than I did.  I also recommend the tres leches.  LES is really the best place for desserts in this world.
The next day we went to Billy's Bakery on Franklin Street in Tribeca, right down the street from Mariah Carey's apartment.  My pink cupcake with butter cream icing was bleh.  I would rank pretty far down on my list of cupcake places.  My sister got the seasonal pumpkin cupcake with cream cheese frosting.  It was delicious.  It wasn't too sweet and the cake part tasted more like a spice cake than too overly pumpkin.  I wish everyone could taste it all over the world so everyone could experience that happiness that I did in that moment.

No comments: